Be Thankful! Five Reasons Why Americans Should CelebratePosted By Michael Roby | Monday, November 19th, 2012
Thanksgiving 2012 finds many Americans out of hope, out of work. out of money, and out of dreams. We face many daunting challenges as individuals and as a nation. Why should we be thankful with the looming specter of a Fiscal Cliff, a National Debt increasing without adding infrastructure, free enterprise being attacked as the problem, and not the solution, and a sense of resignation that hard times are the new normal?
- What happened on November 6, 2012 was an American Election, and not a military coup. We don’t have rioting or missiles overhead. We have natural disasters and still find the means to help others. Americans are still the most generous, compassionate people in the world. Our roots are sown in the seeds of tyranny and oppression and we won’t go back. Be a part of the American Solution, not part of the problem.
- The United States has resources and people to work and some of the best minds in the world. This is still the richest country in the history of mankind. We have natural resources, energy, cropland, technology, infrastructure, and the brains to make it happen. We can’t keep people from crossing the borders legally or illegally because we offer a better life and opportunity.
- You have a public platform to be seen and lead. A financial advisor in Illinois chooses a unique route to affecting change. He’s not ranting about the election or spewing hate. Instead of saying what he is “against”, he is showing what he is “for.” He is conducting seminars on becoming an entrepreneur. Creating your own job, not a position with another company or the government. Choose leadership over whining.
- People have financial problems, and you have financial solutions. Today people and businesses need you more than ever. Don’t try to be a sage. Advise using time-tested principles that always work. Your clients don’t need an order-taker; they need financial leadership.
- In the United Sates, we have a President with a two-term limit, not a monarchy or dictatorship. Small American Businesses may be getting the message that they can’t sit on the sidelines any longer. Get over worrying about “What will people think?” and take a stand for what is right. Have the courage. Get involved. Stand your ground. Serve others. Create jobs. You DO have the ability to affect change. And as always…
Work Hard And Have Fun!™
Tags: Bank Advisor, Bank Rep, banking, broker-dealers, business, business coach, business growth, Financial Advisor, financial advisors, Keynote Speaker, leadership, marketing, Michael Roby, Motivational Speaker, Practice Management, professional speaker, sales, Sales, sales coach, Sales Trainer, Sales Training, Thanksgiving